NEED TO TALK? This is a list of emergency and crisis numbers. After you have acknowledged that you need assistance, which is very important for the further development, you should not be frightened of asking for somebody’s help and support .
Certainly every counsellor you call will be consent to help. So: Do not hesitate!
- Help find a missing child! 800.843.5678 - 24-hour hotline
- Boys Town National Crisis Line - 24 hours a day, every day: the only national crisis line that children and parents can call with any problem, any time. You can refer troubled families to the Hotline which is staffed by caring professionals. 800.448.3000, or for TDD call 800.448.1833
- California Missing Children - 800.222.3463
- Child Find/A Way Out - 800.292.9688
- Child Find of Am, PO Box 277, New Platz, NY 12561 800.426.5678
- Childhelp USA's National Child Abuse Hotline - 800.422.4453
- Children's Rights of America Youth Crisis Hotline - 800.442.4673
- Covenant House Nineline, 24 hour crisis 800.999.9999 (800.999.9915 TTY), is a national crisis hotline for youth under-21 and their families. Since 1987, our crisis workers have provided timely, and sometimes lifesaving, intervention for those in need. Our referral database of more than 26,000 agencies allows us to connect those in need with the local agencies best equipped to help them. In the past year our workers answered over 61,000 crisis calls and provided more than 11,000 referrals. Our website provides educational pieces addressing youth issues for kids and people who want to help kids www.covenanthouse.org/nineline or Nineline@covenanthouse.org
- Eden Children and Family Services, inhalants - 612.338.2158
- Florida - First Call For Help www.467-need.com/index1.html 954.467.6333 24 hours
- Kidshelp: kidshelp.sympatico.ca - a service for young people which also addresses issues in addition to suicide.
- Mental Health Crisis Line- 800.222.8220
- National Centre for Missing & Exploited Children - 24-hour hotline at 800.843.5678 and see Missing Children
- National Crisis Helpline - for use in locating the nearest crisis service in the United States - 800.999.9999
- National Hopeline Network, The Hope Line connects people in immediate distress to a Crisis Centre. Calls are answered by certified counsellors 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When the system is fully operational, your call should be routed to a centre nearest your home. A trained counsellor should answer within two or three rings, or about 20 to 30 seconds, from the moment you dial 800.SUICIDE or www.hopeline.org
- National Network of Runaway & Youth Services. Networks with youth shelters and other community based groups. 1319 F St NW #401, Washington, DC 20004 202.783.7949
- National Runaway Switchboard operates a confidential hotline for runaway youth, teens in crisis, and concerned friends and family members. All services are free and available 24 hours every day. and include: Crisis Intervention, Message relay between runaways and their parent/legal guardian, Referrals and conference to community-based resources such as counselling, support groups, alternative housing, and health care, Home Free program in partnership with Greyhound Buslines, Inc. to help runaways return home to their families, Education and outreach services, Free NRS promotional materials for distribution at community events, school assemblies, and health fairs. 24 hour Crisis 800.621.4000 firstname.lastname@example.org or www.nrscrisisline.org
- National Youth Crisis Hotline CA - crisis for runaways & parents needing immediate assistance - 800.448.4663
- New Hampshire Headrest Teenline 800.639.6095 24 hours Free call from anywhere in New Hampshire and Vermont
- Oklahoma TEENLINE 800.522.8336 Hours: noon to midnight This number is available throughout the US
- On Line Counselling is available at the following addresses and sites: Samaritans www.befrienders.org/email.html (a 24-hour confidential e-mail service) and kidshelp.sympatico.ca - a service for young people which also addresses issues in addition to suicide. Talk to a therapist online - this is a list of over 200 psychotherapists and other professionally trained counsellors who will interact with you via the Internet. Some can respond within 24-36 hours. Most charge a small fee but can be worth it. Be sure to read the background information.
- Out Youth Often Helpline - 800.969.6884
- Poison Control Centre - California - 24 - hour crisis line - 800.8POISON (76-4766) or www.calpoison.org
- Samaritans www.befrienders.org/email.html A 24-hour confidential e-mail service. The Samaritans - trained volunteers are available 24 hours a day to listen and provide emotional support. You can call a volunteer on the phone, or e-mail them. Confidential and non-judgmental.
- South Carolina TeenLine 800.922.2283 Hours: Weekday evenings. Free call from Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties www.awod.com/hotline/teenline.html
- Texas Youth Hotline 800.210.2278 24 hours a dayFree call from anywhere in Texas www.tdprs.state.tx.us/Prevention_&_Early_Intervention/
- 1-800-THERAPIST. This is a toll-free number, and it's a free referral service. It appears you can only talk to a "referral resource counsellor" during normal business hours. The advantage to using this service is that after an initial telephone evaluation, they can refer you to the full range of mental clinicians including a psychiatrist, psychologist, marriage or family therapist, clinical social worker, licensed professional counsellor, or psychiatric nurse. 800.843.7274 or www.1-800-THERAPIST.com
- Vermont Headrest Teenline 800.639.6095 24 hours
- Victims of Crime Resource Centre - 800.627.6872